High speed, efficient networks are fast becoming a necessity for Industrial factory automation, rail transportation, power generation, oil and gas development, and health care delivery systems across the world. These are all areas that can just as quickly be up to speed locally provided there is a stable fibre network. One of the essential tools for a stable fibre network is the PLANET IGS-624HPT Industrial Gigabit 802.3at PoE+ Switch. It is designed for harsh environments and will perform optimally under difficult conditions.
The PLANET Netwoking IGS-624HPT Industrial Gigabit Switch provides non-blocking wire-speed performance and great flexibility for Gigabit Ethernet extension. It offers 4-port 10/100/1000Base-T copper with 802.3af/at PoE injector and 2 extra 100/1000Base-X SFP fibre optic interfaces.
Some of the other product features include:
- 4-port 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 with IEEE 802.3af / 802.3at PoE Injector
- 2-port SFP slot interface, SFP supports 1000Base-X and 100Base-FX transceiver via DIP switch configured
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3af / IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus End-Span PSE
- Up to 4 IEEE 802.3af / 802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE Power up to 30.8 watts for each PoE port
- Provides DC 52V power over RJ-45 Ethernet cable to PD with Ethernet port
- Auto-detects EEE 802.3af/at the equipment and protects devices from being damaged by incorrect installation
- Remote power feeding up to 100m
Layer 2 Features
- Supports Auto-Negotiation and 10/100Mbps half / full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x PAUSE frame flow control (full-duplex)
- Automatic address learning and address ageing
The unit is housed in an IP30 Industrial rugged, sturdy case. It has a DIN Rail and Wall Mount Design, 24~48V DC redundant power with polarity reverse protect function and removable terminal block for master and slave power. It supports 6000 VDC Ethernet ESD protection. The IGS-624HPT Industrial Switch is well suited for applications in deploying surveillance systems and securing control and wireless service in climatically demanding environments with wide temperature ranges from -40 to 75 degrees Celsius.
Click to watch the video
Fibre optic cables: How they work
In this video, a bucket of propylene glycol is used to show how a fibre optic cable works and how engineers send signals across oceans