IMPORTANT: Please note, we will be closed from the 21st of December 2018 and reopen on the 7th of January 2019.
As a member of the IT Team or Department, you are doing more than just setting up computers these days. Your department could be called on to monitor building systems, manage remote networks, manage emergency systems etc. A vital tool in your arsenal is a good quality reliable switch. We recommend TP-Link switches. In the range, you will find SMART Switches and Managed Switches.
The Smart Switch
Used for: business applications such as VoIP and smaller networks
Benefits: offers no-frills management, security features and costs less than managed
Smart switches are comparable to the managed switch, but with limited capabilities that can be accessed from the Internet. You don’t need highly-trained staff to set up or run them. Their interface is more simplified than what managed switches offer. They offer options like Quality of Service (QoS) and VLANs.
They are great for VoIP phones, small VLANs and workgroups. Smart switches let you configure ports and set up virtual networks.
The Managed Switch
Used for: enterprise networks and data centres
Benefits: offer full management capabilities and security features
Managed switches provide high-levels of network security, control, and management. They’re ideal for operations that require off-site round-the-clock monitoring and remote-access control capabilities. Managed switches cost more, but they are well worth the investment and pay for themselves over time. The scalability of these switches allows networks room to grow.
Advanced functions include:
- Prioritising user traffic
- Partitioning a network
- Connecting with different types of networks
- Monitoring traffic as it passes through the system
Managed switches can optimise a network’s speed and resource utilisation. Admins manage resources through a text-based command-line interface, so some advanced knowledge is required to set up and run them.
The TP-Link range from Eurobyte Technology is diverse and includes multiple options suitable for complex and basic builds. Some of the products in our range include
Smart Switch (PoE)
- T1500G-10MPS: 8-Port Gigabit Desktop PoE Smart Switch, 8 Gigabit RJ45 ports including 2 SFP ports, 802.3af/at, 116W PoE power supply, Tag-based VLAN, STP/RSTP/MSTP, IGMP V1/V2/V3 Snooping, 802.1P QoS, Rate Limiting, Port Trunking, Port Mirroring, SNMP, RMON, 1U 13-inch rack-mountable steel case
- T1600G-28PS(TL-SG2424P): JetStream™ 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Switch, 24 Gigabit RJ45 ports including 4 SFP ports, 802.3at/af, 192W PoE power supply, Static Routing
- T1500-28PCT(TL-SL2428P): 24-Port 10/100Mbps + 4-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Switch, 24 10/100Mbps RJ45 ports, 4 Gigabit RJ45 Ports and 2 Combo SFP Slots, 802.3at/af,
- T1600G-52PS(TL-SG2452P): JetStream™ 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Switch, 48 Gigabit RJ45 ports including 4 SFP ports, 802.3at/af, 384W PoE power supply, Static Routing, Tag-based VLAN,
Managed Switches (PoE)
- T2600G-28MPS(TL-SG3424P): JetStream™ 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ L2 Managed Switch, 24 Gigabit RJ45 ports including 4 SFP ports, 802.3at/af, 384W PoE power supply, Static Routing, Port/Tag/MAC/Voice/Protocol-Based VLAN, Q-in-Q
Smart Switch (Non-PoE)
- T1700X-16TS: JetStream™ 16-port 10G Smart Switch, 12 10GBase-T ports, 4 10G SFP+ Slots. Static Routing, Tag-based VLAN, STP/RSTP/MSTP, IGMP V1/V2/V3 Snooping, DHCP Filtering, 802.1P QoS, Rate Limiting, Voice VLAN, Port Trunking, LACP, Port Mirroring, SNMP, RMON, 1U 19-inch rack-mountable steel case
L3/L2 Managed Switch (Non-PoE)
- T3700G-52TQ: JetStream™ 52-port Pure-Gigabit L3 Managed Switch, 48 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 ports including 4 combo Gigabit SFP slots, 2 integrated 10G SFP+ Slots, 2 optional 10G SFP+ Slots.
- T3700G-28TQ: JetStream™ 28-port Pure-Gigabit L3 Managed Switch, 24 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 ports including 4 combo Gigabit SFP slots, 2 integrated 10G SFP+ Slots, 2 optional 10G SFP+ Slots.
Visit our website for spec details. Give us a call to let us know what solution you are looking for, and our technical team can help you put the best solution together.
Click to watch the video
Routers vs Switches vs Access Points
Routers, switches, access points, modems, hubs, bridges…Watch this video to find out.